Everything You Need to Know to Prepare!
We know how stressful it can feel to prepare for a photo shoot! It isn't something you do every day, so there is uncertainty when deciding what to bring, etc.
One week before:
- Hair Color - if you need highlights or color, please have it done in the days before the shoot. I want you to feel completely comfortable and not worried about roots!
- If you wax, wax your face, upper lip, eye brows, etc. Definitely give yourself a few days to heal from redness.
- Avoid getting a sunburn or tan lines prior to your shoot.
- Do you have your clothing choices picked out? Call us if you have questions or want to review your selections!
Three Days Before the Shoot:
- How do your nails look?
- It is sometimes overlooked, but makes a huge difference in how you feel if fingernail polish is chipped. We recommend a neutral color .
- If a blemish has decided to make an appearance, leave it be, as it's an easy edit to remove (the magic of photo editing!)
- Drink lots of water in the days before the shoot (great for the skin)!
The Day Before the Shoot:
- Iron the clothes you will be photographed in (or pick up from the cleaner).
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption and allow yourself a good night's sleep. Don't worry too much if you have dark circles the day of your shoot (again, the magic of editing).
- Touch up your Touch up your eyebrows. up your eyebr
The Morning of the Shoot:
- Moisturize with a gentle lotion or oil.
- Check your finger nails for dirt and check the corners of your eyes for “eye goop”.
- Take a few minutes to relax and pamper yourself.
Come to the shoot with:
- Your wardrobe selections.
- Props (if using any).
- Under garments that match your wardrobe selections.
- One extra outfit that might be fun to try out for the shoot.
Stay calm and relax! I direct everything, so you won't have to worry about where to put your hands, etc. And I
promise not to say "cheese".